What is Homi Bhabha Level 2?
Phase II or Level 2 of the Homi Bhabha Exam is a Practical Exam.
Here, the students have to actually do some experiments / activities and answer the given questions.
Students selected from Level 1 (Theory Exam) can appear for this level. And top 10% students from this level will be selected for the next level (Phase III – Interview and Project).
Watch our YouTube Video about Homi Bhabha Stage 2 – Practical Exam
Nature of Homi Bhabha Practical Exam:
- For 6th std:
- Five experiments from general science of 6 marks each.
- Time 6 minutes for each experiment
- For 9th std:
- One experiment each of physics and chemistry – 10 marks each. (Time: 10 minutes for each experiment)
- 10 samples/ specimens for biology. – 10 marks total (Time: 10 minutes in all)
Our TOOLS for Practical Exam
Apart from our Practical Exam Classes, we have 2 fantastic tools to help you prepare for the Homi Bhabha Practical Exam:
Science Experiment Kit
To do Practicals at Home
- Provides material to do experiments at home.
- Contains test tubes, chemicals, litmus, pH papers, lens, mirror, prism, beaker, bar magnet, spring balance, lab thermometer and much more!
- Useful to do experiments up to 10th Std
- Learn more
A Complete Guidance APP
- Step wise instructions on how to set-up and do the experiments at home
- Learn questions asked at the actual exam and how to write the answers
- Model Answers: very useful for both parents and students
- Explanations of experiments with photos and videos
- Learn more
There are different MPracts apps for 6th and 9th Std.
A part of this app is FREE! Do check it out on google play store:
Free part of 6th MPracts – Link for 6th Std
Free part of 9th MPracts – Link for 9th Std
Our Classes for Practical Exam
- We conduct 4 sessions of 3 hours each
- Students do more than 40 experiments in a learning-oriented manner
- See a few demo experiments + many biology samples
- Learn how to write correct answers
How to prepare for this exam?
At the practical exam, you need to do two things:
1. Do the experiments
2. Write the answers
So, to perform well, you must learn two things:
1. How to be a good experimenter
2. How to write good answers that will satisfy the examiners
How do I learn these things?
- Be a doer: Start doing the experiments (using our science kit box or material at school.)
- You can use our Free Practical Experiment Booklet for reference.
- Maintain a separate notebook for this (lab-book).
- Pay attention to accuracy in measurements.
- Learn to handle instruments, zero error (Refer to MPracts for this)
- Develop hand skills – do some house work, make an omelette.
- Revise theory knowledge and learn to apply it:
E.g. You must have studied about magnets. But when three pieces are given, can you find out which of them are magnets?
- Develop awareness: E.g. Visit a market, nature park
- Learn how to write the answers: This is the most important part from exam point of view
For more details on how to prepare, we have another special article:
How to Prepare for Homi Bhabha Practical Exam?