I. Combination reaction:
Two or more chemicals react to give a single product.
Video 1: Hydrogen gas burns in chlorine. What will get formed after the reaction? Write the balanced chemical reaction.
Video 2: Observe sodium burning in chlorine gas.
What will get formed after the reaction?
What properties can you observe about chlorine gas?
II. We have seen two videos of combination reaction (H + Cl) and (Na + Cl).
Can you find some other examples of combination reaction?
III. Metals – Non Metals (Easy)
- Give examples of metalloids
- Give 5 properties of metals
- Classify: Metals/ NonMetals – Iron, Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Oxygen, Carbon, Sulphur, Chlorine,
- Give an example of a liquid metal
- Give an example of a liquid non-metal
- Bronze is an alloy of what?
- What is allotropy? Write allotropes of phosphorus.
IV. Metals – Non Metals (Tough)
- Write allotropes of Sulphur
- Write formula for Epsom salt
- What is matrix or gangue?
- Which is the reducing agent to get pure iron from Fe2O3?
- What is Thermite mixture?
- Write the reaction of Zinc + Sulphuric Acid.
- Give 3 examples of soft and reactive metals.
- Which is the most reactive non-metal?
V. Strong Metals – Video
We have studied about strong (very reactive) metals at our Homibhabha class. Show this video to your friends and parents.
Write the names and properties of these metals. Which is the most reactive metal?
VI. Video – Gallium Spoon
Observe the video. What is the spoon made of? Share the video with your friends.
Answer – The spoon was of gallium metal. It is becomes liquid in hot water. [Note – It does not get dissolved!]
VII. Animal Classification – Easy Qs
Earthworn, Snake, Frog, Butterfly, Amoeba, Bacteria, Shark, Ant, Human, Penguin, Dolphin, Turtle, Dinosaur, Duck, Tiger, Whale
- Give examples of animals with many legs but not insects
- Which vertebrate animal can breathe by moist skin?
VIII. Animal Classification – Tough Qs
- Write significance, examples, properties of Class Hemichordata.
- Classify: Ascidian, Pyrosoma, Petromysone, Tapeworm
- Give examples and some properties of Coelentrata
- Which class has false body cavity?
IX. Amoeba Video:
Some animals like amoeba, paramecium are made up of only one cell. So they do not have mouth or any organs as we do. They are visible only under microscope.
They eat food through skin (cell membrane). This is called phagocytosis.
Observe the video: Amoeba eating two paramecium.
X. Octopus Video:
Octopus has soft body and no bones. So it can squeeze from a small hole. It is an invertebrate. Observe the video.