This is the first level of the prestigious Dr. Homi Bhabha Bal Vaidnyanik Exam. It is a written test with objective questions. It is usually conducted in the month of September.
- 100 questions, 100 marks
- Time: 90 min
- Style: OMR answer sheet
- No negative marking
- First 90 questions on understanding of basic science concepts
- Last 10 questions on awareness about science related events
- Top 7% students are selected for the second level – Practical Exam
- Cut-off marks for Selection: Not fixed. Usually around 70 for 6th Std and 55-60 for 9th Std.
- Passing Certificate above 40 marks
Official Website of Exam Authorities: www.msta.in
Based on science learnt in that standard (SSC, CBSE and ISCS boards). Focus on understanding of fundamental concepts.
For more details, refer to our article: Syllabus for Homi Bhabha Exam
How to Appear:
- Register through school
- Download the hall ticket from website http://www.msta.in after you have registered.
- Fill in the information and get it stamped from your respective school
- Practice writing your name, number and all info on the answer sheet.
- PRESERVE your hall ticket and seat number. It is required to view the result.
Is the Exam Useful?
Just appearing for the exam is of no use! But preparing for this exam is very useful for a science student. It will help to build a strong base in fundamental science concepts, which will help you in future science studies up to XII grade and also in IIT and Engineering CET entrance exams.
How to Prepare for this Exam?
For this, we have a separate detailed article:
We love to teach and help bright students who are interested in learning science. Feel free to ask all your doubts
Call / whatsapp Rahul Ogale – 9892013836